Friday, August 20, 2010

Weekly Lunch: Chickpea Salad #1

I enjoy lunch. I like to make a big batch of salad or soup to last through the week, so that I don't have to think about what to have for lunch each day, and so that I can avoid the not-so-spectacular lunch options near my office.

I cooked up a batch of chickpeas over the weekend, made a batch of hummus, and decided to use the rest in a salad. At the farmer's market I picked up some eggs with the prettiest blue and green shells, hazelnuts, green beans, and carrots, mixed them all together with a simple balsamic-dijon mustard vinaigrette, and added a few chunks of fresh goat cheese. Good combo.



Weekly Lunch will be a regular feature here on Olalliberry, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...