Friday, August 27, 2010

Weekly Lunch: Sprouted Lentils and Beets

It's Weekly Lunch time again :) I know you love seeing my beautiful plastic container and my all-in-one spoon-fork-knife.

I picked up a bag of sprouted lentils a couple of weeks ago and have been trying to decide what to do with them. Not wanting to hide them in a soup, I thought instead to showcase them in a salad with roasted chioggia beets, hard boiled egg, toasted hazelnuts, mixed greens, and my old standby, balsamic-mustard vinaigette. I added some blanched yellow wax beans one day as well.



Here's a "recipe" for the vinaigrette:

Balsamic-Mustard Vinaigrette
  • 1 tbs. dijon mustard
  • 1 tbs. balsamic vinegar - you don't need anything fancy for this
  • 2 tbs. olive or grapeseed oil
  • pinch of salt, few grinds of pepper

And that's it. Super easy, goes with everything. I like to mix the ingredients in a small plastic squeeze tube that I can take to work and keep in the break room refrigerator all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...