Monday, September 27, 2010

Nectarine-Loganberry Yogurt Pops

 Over the summer I made several batches of ice pops all based on a single formula - yogurt, fresh fruit (frozen fruit works just as well), and a bit of sweetener if necessary. I like to use plain Greek yogurt to boost the protein content and also so I can customize the sweetness level to account for the sweetness of the fruit.

I had a couple of nectarines sitting around, so I made one last batch to celebrate a few days of nice weather. This time I used:
  • 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
  • 2 medium nectarines, cut in 1" pieces (about 2 cups)
  • 1 tbs loganberry jam
  • 1 tbs honey
Directions: put the nectarines in a blender or food processor and blend/process for 20-30 seconds until mostly smooth. Add the yogurt, jam and honey and continue blending until it reaches your desired level of smoothness, scraping down the sides as necessary. Pour into ice pop molds. Freeze at least four hours. Run molds under warm water for 30 seconds before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...