Thursday, January 6, 2011

Weekly Lunch: Barley Salad with Artichoke Hearts

Like last week, I wanted something super simple for lunch this week. Marinated artichoke hearts were on sale at the grocery store, and I still have some barley in the cupboard. Time for a quick salad!

I simply cooked some barley until tender but chewy. Chopped up some carrots, celery, sun dried tomatoes, and the artichoke hearts. Mixed the cooked barley with a can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed), the sun dried tomatoes, and a few tablespoons of the artichoke marinade (mostly olive oil and white wine vinegar). Then I layered the salad in my plastic containers, starting with the barley-chickpea mixture, then the chopped veggies, a sprinkle of feta, and some salad greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...